Friday, July 3, 2009

What Will You Be Doing for the Fourth of July?

Hi Everyone,

Now it's time for me to ask you that question. Tomorrow I won't be doing much. I will be hanging out with my family, as I usually am on weekends, and a friend of my Dad's will be coming down with his family to visit. Later on, tomorrow night, we'll probably watch the fireworks. Now it's your turn to tell me what you will be doing tomorrow (or what you will have done, if you're late in responding). No words can do justice to what tomorrow's anniversary represents, so while you enjoy yourself this fourth of july, doing whatever, think of the risk those men took so that the world may be better off for us. I urge you all to keep that in mind tomorrow.

This is the Daily Reeder, Over&out.

2 comments:

  1. Dear D.R.,

    The cynical response would be to say that the 4th has been kidnapped by the marketing powers to sell beer and burgers. But your post brings me back to this day's importance. Thanks for the mental wake up call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi D.R.,
    It's so important to remember that what we're honoring on this day is not sparks and gunpowder, but the bold dreams of a group of determined men who risked all they had for the common good.

    ReplyDelete