Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What a Year... And what a year still to come

To One&all,

Well, tonight is the big night. One red-letter year is about to come to a close. And we are about to embark on another red-letter year. Well, as we all commence with our celebrations, I'd like to take a moment, and a post, to look back on the journey on which 2008 has taken us.

What a year it has been. On my personal front, I have done a lot this year. Early in the year, I got my driver's liscense. Later, I turned 18 (okay, so it took me longer to get my liscense). In June, I graduated from high school. In September, I started college. So far, I have performed decently, but there is still much for me to improve.

On a large scale, we suffered some hardships and achieved some triumphs. Our economy went downhill. First housing, then credit, then fuel prices skyrocketed. Then the stock market started to tank. While this went on, a young, but harkworking senator got people inspired to get involved. Throughout the year, he went from being another candidate, to being the first african-american nominee from a major party, to being president-elect.

Several crises, social, economic, environmental, international, have unfolded this year. This year, I did a lot of thinking about all these issues. And just two weeks ago, I was compelled to start up this blog. These were the challenges, the shortcomings, and the triumphs of this year. 2008 has indeed been a monumental year.

So what does 2009 hold in store for us? This will be a year of transitions and changes. Right now, I am in the process of helping my grandparents move from Denver to Boston. On January 20, George W. Bush will move out of the White House, and Barack Obama will move in. He will face economic, environmental, and international crisis on the first day. 2009 will be the first real year of this blog. Later this month, my college will resume its spring semester.

However, there's no telling now where the journey 2009 has paved for us will lead us. But wherever the course ahead takes us, I will report about it, give a perspective to it not typically heard, and invite you to join me in the process. For now, I hope this year has left you well, and I hope that next year will leave you even better.

For the last time in the year 2008, This is the Daily Reeder, Over&out.

No comments:

Post a Comment