Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Daily Reeder's beginning

To one&all,

Today brings the first post on my new blog. The Daily Reeder will take issues we're all aware of in some way and taking a look at it from another angle. A broad range of things will be discussed here, from economic and environmental to religious and spiritual. Anything with measurable social effects is fair game. Sometimes I will talk about big things, other times about smaller matters.

Of course, I will need to do some research (if you can call glossing over wikipedia for 15 minutes "research"), so I can't promise daily posts all the time, but I will post as often as I can. I don't have anything for you all right now, so this post will act as an introduction and a mission statement. When I discuss these matters, I cannot remain entirely objective, but I will be as impartial as possible when presenting and discussing these matters.

Anyways, think of this post as an inauguration of sorts. Just like Barack Obama will have to take an oath 32 days from now, so do I have an oath of my own to uphold. So I've got my Bible out now, and am ready to take the oath of this blog. I, the Daily Reeder, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute this blog and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the mission of this blog, so help me God.

This is the Daily Reeder, Over&out.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Daily Reeder,

    Great first post! I love it and since I'm already a Google customer (even though I've only paid them once for 10 more gigs of disc space for Picasa storage) it makes it a little easier. I think the new format reads nicer but the words are still the same thoughtful, insightful and intriguing content. I'm anxious for this to get even more interesting than the great emails you started. Keep up the excellent work and we'll see you on Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific beginning for what I know will be a terrific blog. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your thoughtful emails posted soon (with updates of course)

    ReplyDelete