Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tuesday's Activities

Hi Everybody,

Well, we woke up in Kentucky, but stole back over the Ohio to look at a giant superman statue in the town of Metropolis, IL we had missed the night before. The sign of Metropolis proudly proclaimed it was "Home of Miss Illinois" (hopefully she was smarter than this young woman!). As I stole a glance (and several photos) of the Mighty Ohio, my affiliate blogger decided he needed pictures of us together, which was difficult, because a chill wind was whipping in our faces.

As we headed south through Kentucky, I could "disengage" my heavy coat and simply get by with a sweatshirt, which I was thankful for. It was not long before we crossed into Tennessee, and officially entered the South. Soon after, we reached Nashville. We had originally decided to have lunch there, but the town turned out to be too interesting just to pass by.

So we stopped by a nearby museum on Tennessee's history. They covered lots of things there, from prehistoric times to the years of the Indians. There was a surplus of exhibits on Andrew Jackson, and lots of other things on the Civil War. Later, we spontaneously talked to someone from a music company there, because, after all, Nashville does have a huge music scene, in many genres, not just country. We were very glad to have spent the extra time in Nashville, since we found a replica of the Parthenon in a nearby park.

Later, we had dinner in Chattanooga, and I got to work on my Al Gore impression, since one of the highways we used was the Albert Gore Memorial Highway (I guess that was his father). It was just a shame I couldn't go to Arkansas, then I could work on my Bill Clinton impression (It depends on what your definition of is is, jerk!) Anyway, later Tuesday night, Georgia was on my mind, because I had just entered the state for the first time...ever.

This is the Daily Reeder, Over&out.

No comments:

Post a Comment