Thursday, March 19, 2009

Obama is here!


Hi everyone,

Well, you probably heard by now, but if you live in the So Cal area, President Barack Obama is in your midst. Yesterday, Air Force One arrived in my town of Long Beach. Lots of people crowded around Long Beach's airport to witness the arrival. I turned down an opportunity to skip out of class early to see the plane fly overhead.

However, Air Force One remained, and to the best of my knowledge still remains, on the tarmac at Long Beach Airport. Last night I took a look, and a crowd turned out just to look at the plane. Wow, all this guy has to do is park Air Force One at an airport, and a huge crowd turns out. Talk about a celebrity.

I just wanted to share this update, since it has unfolded so close to my home. During the campaign, all those candidates were in Ohio and Florida. None of them came anywhere near Long Beach, and Mr. Obama's predecessor probably wouldn't ever set foot in Long Beach. So not only seeing Air Force One in person for the first time, but having it come to my home town, was quite amazing.

That afternoon, as I was working on homework, I heard the loud rumbling of helicopters go overhead. Rushing outside, I spotted two helicopters, and a third one that could only have been the Marine One chopper that the president uses. So ultimately I did get to see the President fly overhead. I don't know where they went after yesterday's epic meeting down in Costa Mesa, but this was an exciting development, and I got some pictures I wanted to share with you guys. I'll have more material for you tonight.

This is the Daily Reeder, Over&out.

No comments:

Post a Comment