Friday, January 8, 2010

It's 2010, Now What?

Hi everybody,

Yes, I know I missed the holidays. I hoped yours were merry and happy by the way. And I know that I missed our anniversary of one year on this blog, so happy anniversary. Anyway, it's a new year, and a new decade. So what's ahead for us?

First of all, what are we going to call this decade? What are we going to call last decade even? There was the "seventies" and "eighties" and "nineties." But what about the last one? The "O's" the "O-O's" the "two thousands?" Time will tell, I guess, which name sticks. Anyway, I'm going to call this new decade the "teens." Simply because most of the years in this decade will be "-teen" years.

And then there is the "twenty-" part. Last decade, it was "two thousand-," since you could have said "twenty-o-nine," but it would have sounded odd. So the "two thousand nine" pronounciation stuck for the decade. But at some point this decade, that will become impractical, since nobody is going to want to call a year, say "two thousand twenty four." So, this year could go either way. You could either call it "two thousand ten" or "twenty ten." At some point, though, the latter pronounciation will be phased in.

With that in mind, what are your resolutions for this year? I'll tell you some of mine. Mine are to get out more, to relate better to people, not that I don't now, but I can always do better. Next is to form more relationships. Finally, I will get on this blog more than once every two months. Write in some time and tell me some of yours if you'd like. I'll have another post up for you soon.

For the first time in the year 2010, this is the Daily Reeder, Over&out.

No comments:

Post a Comment